Provided are the significant details about the event. If you are unable to find the information you need, or have additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
Date & Time
Saturday, August 13, 2016
7:00 a.m. - Packet pick-up begins
8:00 a.m. - Kids Fun Run
8:30 a.m. - 5K Run
8:31 a.m. - 5K Walk
5K Run, 5K Walk, and a Kids Fun Run (1/5 mile)
Davison Abernathy Regional Park, 500 S. Dayton Street, Davison, MI 48423
The course is flat and fast on fully paved roads and trails that wind through the Regional Park.
New this year - run or walk as a team! Grab your friends and join us!
How to Enter
Teams will register as individuals and the Team Captain should submit their team name and participants to firstname.lastname@example.org, and money raised, no later than Monday, July 25, 2016.
- Open to all participants teams of all sizes
- Team must consist of at least 10 members
- The team with the most participants will receive a pizza party!
- Team members are eligible for individual awards
- All participants must be registered online (or by mail) by July 25, 2016
- Winning Team will be featured on the Family Promise of Genesee County website and Facebook page
Early packet pick-up and registration will be held at Complete Runner on Friday, August 12, 2016 from Noon-6:00 p.m. Complete Runner is located at 915 S. Dort Highway in Flint.
Race day packet pick-up and registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. at the Abernathy Regional Park.
- All Run and Walkers winners will receive winning medals. Awards will be presented to first overall male and female, first three males & females in age groups 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over.
- All children under 10 participating in Kids Fun Run will receive an award.
- $50 visa gift card to top M/F Runner and $50 visa gift card to top M/F Walker.
- FREE Davison Twp pass and Splash pad for one day to all paid registered participants ($10 value).
There will be restrooms available at the school. Lockers and showers will not be available, so please come dressed to run.
FREE pancake breakfast in the park for all participants. Fruit and water will be provided at the finish line. Water will be provided on the course.
FREE childcare will be provided in the Park Playscape while parents are racing.
Timing & Results
Timing and results will be provided by Newton Timing & Race Services. We will be using ChronoTrack Systems, featuring the disposable B-tag that remains attached to the race number bib.
If you are interested in learning about sponsorship opportunities or becoming a sponsor for the event, please download our Give Me Shelter Why Become a 5K Sponsor Letter.